Hey foodies! Today’s post is related to the world wide outbreak COVID-19. As we all know, that many countries are facing this serious outbreak and imposing shut down in their big and popular cities. Everyday the world is experiencing an exponential growth in terms of positive tested patients. Thus, it is becoming severe important to maintain proper hygiene and sanitation. This grave situation is impacting not only the health of people but the economy of every nation. It is now judicial responsibility of every citizen to make people aware and educate on how to avoid COVID-19 expansion.
The following post will let you know on how you can keep yourself and others safe from this pandemic to a great extent. Things to avoid and include during COVID-19 outbreak:
Things to avoid:
- Keep yourself hydrated and drink a lot of water.Try to add healthy liquids such as buttermilk, smoothies, berry juices etc. in your diet.
- For the time being, do avoid street foods. I know its hard, being foodie it is the most undeniable part to avoid food. But, looking to the present situation, it will be good for your & others health to avoid food whose manufacturing involves human interventions.
- Avoid going outside until extreme necessary. Try to avoid any mass gathering like malls, theaters, restaurants and pubs, huge super markets, parks etc.
- Also, it is necessary to prevent yourself from travelling a long distance. A long distance journey through train, bus or flight can make you more prone towards the virus.
Things to include:
- Include green vegetables into your diet to provide enough essential minerals and vitamins to the body.
- Antioxidants are known for their potential to fight free radicals in our body. They prevent of slow down the cell damage caused by these free radicals. Include antioxidant rich foods like berry, green kale, leeks celery etc. Fruits like lemon, lime, pomegranate, oranges and kiwi are best known and easily available sources of antioxidants.
- Before starting of cooking or preparing of food, thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water. After washing hands, pat dry the hands and sanitize using a good available sanitiser.
- While coming from outside into your home, wash the hands with good hand wash followed by sanitizing.
- Keep a handy sanitiser by yourself while you go out for work or grocery shopping. It is important that you keep sanitising as you tend to touch and see so many things around you which is equally contaminated by others.
The goal is to educate and aware more and more people through this post. There is nothing to panic about. Simple and easy explained solutions can save you, your near and dear ones from getting into this pandemic. For more awareness and knowledge read WHO guidelines https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019 . Your opinions matters to us, give more comments and self awareness thoughts on this. This is our judicial responsibility to make people aware about this.